My Zero-th Birthday: So there I was on Sept 22nd @ 40 weeks, right on my due date and the best I’d managed was a few contractions. Mom & Dad had spent his day finishing up a project for my room,
Images courtesy of the Dimitrios Gallery Private Collection - Wyoming,OH
taking a walk around the neighborhood, and watching Michigan Football. I couldn’t exactly see the game from where I was sitting, but based on the sounds filtering through to me, I figured they could use some cheering up. So I decided to go for it around 11PM that night. By 3AM on the 23rd, Mom took the hint and had Dad drive to the Hospital. By the time 7AM rolled around everyone was feeling pretty chipper and posed for an interim family portrait.
Smiles of anticipation... or sleep deprivation?
Skipping ahead, I was born at 1:20PM and let the world know I had arrived with a good, healthy shout. For those of you that track the stat’s, I weighed in at 6lbs 5oz and measured 20in. And my first impression of the world? COLD.
Okay, okay - you got the numbers. Now can someone puh-lease get me some clothes?
But the nice people at the hospital hooked me up w/ a hat, a blanket, and my Family. Together at last.
40 weeks + 1 day all working up to this moment, and now a whole lifetime ahead.
Not a bad day’s work, Mom & Dad.
I am truly going to enjoy this!! Looking forward to meeting you Dimitri!
ReplyDelete