Saturday, February 23, 2013

Installment 3: Behind Enemy lines...

Not to alarm anyone, but Mom & Dad took me deep into enemy territory just before Christmas.  That’s right, on December 8st, 2012 - we intentionally drove to Columbus, Ohio!!!  Don’t worry, it was for a good cause.  I was an ambassador of cuteness to a couple of wayward Buckeyes in town from Texas – Mom & Dad’s friends the Farmer’s!

I got to meet Deida and show off all the Spanish phrases Dad has taught me,


No, no, señora, you must roll the r’s.  It’s like this: car-r-r-ne!

And of course, Dad and Andy practiced hand-offs – a key element in Big 10 football - and talked about all our family’s shared football traditions.

Wait, you mean every time they showed the other team’s coach?
Whoa, you must have drunk a lot of milk!

Dad says the Buckeyes are like the chicken pox, it’s better to be exposed early so as to develop an immunity that keeps you covered for the rest of your life.  That said, I was happy to see that Mr Andy will still be able to live a relatively normal life after contracting Buckeye-fever.

I can’t wait to meet Alejandro and Santiago the next time the whole Farmer family is in town!  Dad says we can make sure they know the official words to Michigan fight song.

No comments:

Post a Comment