Saturday, January 5, 2013

Installment 1: The Stay-cation

You may have noticed I gave my staff some time off for the holiday season…  Well now they’re back to the keyboard armed with all kinds of pictures of me w/ my family & friends.  So here’s the first in a series of posts to catch you up on all of my recent adventures.
Installment 1:  The Stay-cation
The sweet science of the Stay-cation, as my Dad has explained it to me, is all about staying put, sleeping in, and letting the vacation come to you.  And so we begin w/ a lazy Monday morning - Dad stayed home for one of my favorite leisure-time activities: snuggling!
See, Dad?  This is waaaay more fun than the office!

And since I’m an equal opportunity snuggler…
Thanks for the puppy, Great-Grandmother!

… a quick recharge...
 Dad assures me this is a critical part of any well executed stay-cation

…then a little stroll through the neighborhood to add variety.
We’re on our way to brunch, right?  Tell me I got all bundled up for brunch.

A Stay-cation is a good time to perfect new eating techniques, too.

This bib may trap my arms, but no one escapes my feeding feet of fury!

Another walk, more food, rinse and repeat.

A scruffy face says, “I’m on Stay-cation!” Right, Dad?
Funny how Mom never gets photographed eating…  I guess it’s like that Miss America thing.

But the best part of a Stay-cation is when my fans, er, friends come to visit!
Why helloooo, pretty lady!  I’m on a Stay-cation – wanna snuggle?

Uncle Q is awesome.  He’s teaching me how to chill on the couch & I’m teaching him about which football teams we root for in this house...

It goes Michigan, Big 10, and then anybody playing against a Florida or California team…
After the game, Colin, Ronan and I discussed playing a little football too.
Hey, wait a second, I’m not gonna be the ball, right?!?

Well, that’s about it for the Stay-cation.  Stay tuned for the next Holiday installment: The Road-Trip
Ciao bella!

No comments:

Post a Comment